Entrance Requirements - Greenville Christian Academy has established entrance requirements and procedures to maintain its spiritual and academic standards. These standards are established with the understanding that we (the staff, faculty, and administration) are expected by God to perfect His children. Therefore, certain skills are necessary at each grade level in order for a student to perform to his/her fullest potential.
Interested parents will be asked to follow the procedures listed below in order to enroll their child(ren) at any grade level at Greenville Christian Academy.
1. Application forms for admission should be completed and Registration Fee paid.
2. An admission interview with the prospective parents will be scheduled when the application is returned. (Students must attend the interview.) The purpose of the interview is not only that we may present the school, but also that we may become better acquainted with the family.
3. A time for the child(ren) to take an entrance test will be scheduled at a cost of $32.95.
4. Parents will receive a written confirmation of their child(ren)’s acceptance or rejection within one week from the date of the interview and entrance test.
5. Emergency information and immunization record must be completed. The IMMUNIZATION LAW ALLOWS ONLY 30 DAYS FOR PARENTS TO BRING A STUDENT’S IMMUNIZATION RECORD TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE. Parents must present a Certificate of Birth before an interview is scheduled.
6. The statement of cooperation must be signed by BOTH parents stating that they have read and understand policies, goals, discipline, and statement of faith of GCA.
7. All students are accepted on a six-weeks trial period. Parents will be notified in writing if any problems arise during this period, which could jeopardize a student’s enrollment.
THE FOLLOWING POLICIES WILL GOVERN THE ADMISSION OF STUDENTS TO GREENVILLE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY:
1. Our desire is that parents or legal guardians give clear indication of an evident spiritual influence upon their student in the home environment. Although GCA offers a strong academic program in a wholesome, disciplined atmosphere, it is imperative to understand that we are “Christian” at heart and work best with homes desiring this type of “Christian” education.
2. There must be a reasonable expectation, on the basis of the interview with parents or guardians and student, testing results, and references, that we can assist the home in the child’s spiritual, academic, social, and physical development in such a way that the teacher’s attention can still be spread evenly throughout the class.
3. Greenville Christian Academy will admit students of any race to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students in our school and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, and athletic, and other school sponsored programs.
New Students enrolling: (A letter of reference, preferably from your pastor).
K4 & K5 students are required to have birth certificate and a signed Financial Policy before interview (return with application). Health Assessment form (physical required) from GCA must be completed and returned by August 10. This is mandatory. All Kindergarten students must be 4 or 5 years of age by October 15, of the same year they begin school.
Grades 1-12: Bring your most recent report card, copy of birth certificate, and all test scores (SAT, end of course, etc.), and a signed Financial Policy with the application. Also, we need the name and address of the school from which you are transferring.